I got dressed this morning with the aim of touching on all my most important style elements, a la Shannon. But before I show you the results, I wanted see if you thought I'm missing or miss-stating anything. Here's what I have as my working first draft:
- Brightness (can be color or bright white/cream, something to brighten the face)
- "Darkness" (either a physical or figurative darkness, something to add a moody quality)
- Structure (e.g. precise shoulders, nipped waist)
- Waist demarcation (e.g. belt, jacket detail, tucked top... something to show where my legs start)
- Toughness (e.g. boots, rugged leather items, etc.)
What do you think? The hope is to remind me of my top priority style and fit requirements in a quick way every time I dress. Thanks for any pointers!
ETA: Okay, here is my first rubric outfit in pic #1- I added the waist part to my list because I wasn't 100% happy with the proportions here, so it's not perfect. I also think this skirt may have to go, but overall I do like the "feel" of this outfit more than pic #2, which is when I struggled the most.