I had to get out the door early today, without my usual 3+ hours of time to loiter online and wake up, so this outfit was seriously based on the fact that I knew this shirt could not be wrinkled. Button-front + favorite jeans + favorite boots = baddabing! I even got a compliment from a coworker who asked where I got my shirt and boots.
But who cares what I'm wearing when I have seen the promised land, right??
My early outing was due to a meeting to review the women's NAS merch! Without "giving away the ending," here are some of my personal observations from the stock at my location as well as replies to concerns on Alicat's thread.
- YLFers who purchased animal print booties in the past will be pleased to see the look roaring back... bust those babies out this Fall.
- Natalie, the "purple" theme in the catalog extends to all variations in the store - you will see oxblood! A pretty cool oxblood leather tee was in the mix. I believe there was an oxblood jacket and oxblood trousers, too.
- Military items are highly represented - if this is your look, you should take a look.
- Great deal on some Rag & Bone jeans!
- Nadya, we got some amazing Plus and Petite items in store! Halogen is coming to Plus for the first time, and there were several really great leather jackets and suit jackets.
- If full leather is not your thing, there are some really nice ponte-and-leather options. One Classiques especially stood out with an instant-hourglass leather inset.
- Those looking for alternative neutrals to black should check out the navy and taupe suiting and taupe sweaters. A really cozy Vince alpaca/cashmere sweater coat jumped out at me.
- True crewneck, long-sleeved tees are back at long last.
- The Halogen seamed pencil skirts are back... and I know a lot of YLFers didn't like last year's version, but they have changed them again. The fabric is a little lighter, but still plenty thick, and they are a bit shorter. If you weren't happy last year, you may give it another go.
- As I said on the other thread, too, if you don't see what you want in store, your SA can order it for you as long as the supply is there.